• -
  • Vote
  • -

Thousands of people in animal costumes were forced to evacuate a hotel in Chicago on Sunday at an annual furry convention, after chlorine gas was discovered in the building.

Nineteen people were sent to the hospital with nausea and dizziness, and authorities believe that the crime was intentional based on the way in which the gas was released.

Midwest FurFest, as the event is dubbed, is an annual convention "to celebrate furry fandom, that is, art, literature, and performance based around anthropomorphic animals."

And despite the scare, the FurFest will go on as planned this week - according to a statement on the convention's site - because under all that fur, these folks have some pretty thick skin.

Back to Top