Michael Keaton

A Beetlejuice sequel is happening, according to Winona Ryder.
Via: scriptmag
  • -
  • Vote
  • -

"I think I can confirm it," Winona Ryder said about a sequel to Beetlejuice on Late Night with Seth Myers Aug. 10.

While rumors have swirled around the 27-year-old film getting a sequel for a while, it wasn't until Ryder apprehensively said those words that we've known it to be true.

She thought she could confirm it because, according to her, director of the first film Tim Burton had done so in an interview. However, a quick search only found Burton making the safe statement that the film is "closer than ever" last December.

There's no word yet if star Michael Keaton will reprise his classic role as the 'Ghost with the Most'. However, if a sequel comes together with him involved it will mark an extension of this interesting turn for him. Just last year, his dark and dreamy vehicle Birdman captured the Best Picture Academy Award and many thought Keaton deserved the Best Actor Award for which he was nominated.

If it does happen, it might even mean Burton can spring out of this 15-year slump he's spent holding hands with Johnny Depp, pulling each other down into the pits of mediocrity.

Here's the whole of the Seth Myers interview for you:

Back to Top