Apple's press conference today announced the iPhone 6 (spoilers: It has a curved bezel and more powerful technology and a better camera), the iPhone 6 Plus (spoilers: It's the same as what we just said but with the formfactor of a larger Android phone) and the Apple Watch. Details about the watch are relatively slim. We know it will interact with other Apple devices, have apps, use vibration to alert you of notifications and do nifty things like "tug" you in the direction of a pre-planned route you've mapped out.
But really, we know the killer app is just taping your existing phone to your arm.
And that wasn't the only sad fact the study found:
- 77% of respondents could not identify what SEO means. SEO stands for "Search-Engine Optimization"
- 27% identified "gigabyte" as an insect commonly found in South America. A gigabyte is a measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device.
- 42% said they believed a "motherboard" was "the deck of a cruise ship." A motherboard is usually a circuit board that holds many of the key components of a computer.
- 23% thought an "MP3" was a "Star Wars" robot. It is actually an audio file. - 18% identified "Blu-ray" as a marine animal. It is a disc format typically used to store high-definition videos.
- 15% said they believed "software" is comfortable clothing. Software is a general term for computer programs.
- 12% said "USB" is the acronym for a European country. In fact, USB is a type of connector.
We smrt tho. Wee promiss.