And that wasn't the only sad fact the study found:
- 77% of respondents could not identify what SEO means. SEO stands for "Search-Engine Optimization"
- 27% identified "gigabyte" as an insect commonly found in South America. A gigabyte is a measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device.
- 42% said they believed a "motherboard" was "the deck of a cruise ship." A motherboard is usually a circuit board that holds many of the key components of a computer.
- 23% thought an "MP3" was a "Star Wars" robot. It is actually an audio file. - 18% identified "Blu-ray" as a marine animal. It is a disc format typically used to store high-definition videos.
- 15% said they believed "software" is comfortable clothing. Software is a general term for computer programs.
- 12% said "USB" is the acronym for a European country. In fact, USB is a type of connector.
We smrt tho. Wee promiss.
Traditional skateboards are so old news. The OneWheel electric skateboard rolls ahead with the idea that you don't need four wheels or a good sense of balance to ride.
The Onewheel board has batteries under one foot and control electronics under the other. The control electronics have motion sensors — like what you would find in your iPhone — which run a control loop which tells the motor how to run and balance. The whole thing is powered by a powerful hub motor, which is about a 2,000-watt peak motor or 500 watts of continuous power. It's all mounted on the type of wheel that would usually be used by a go kart.
Their Kickstarter had a $100,000 goal, but has surpassed that amount and ended with $630,862 pledged.
An Upcoming App for Google Glass called Race Yourself allows you to...do just that! Not only can you see yourself running or cycling your previous personal record time, you can also escape from attacking zombies, dash from runaway boulders, and create video game-like challenges for yourself on the ski slopes!