salad

news-baby-weasel-in-salad-wtf
  • -
  • Vote
  • -


My god. Rifat Asghar got more than she asked for when she sat down to grub on a carrot and sweetcorn meal from the supermarket. Her colleague spotted a 'furry lump,' and went on to discover a two inch-long furball; and as if the two weren't already disgusted, they found a leg and tail - and possibly an eye.


This impossibly inappropriate salad hails from Bradford, West Yorkshire. A thorough investigation concluded that the 'foreign object' was in fact a baby weasel.


Ms Asghar said: "It has caused me a lot of trauma. I initially thought it was a mouse, and for about a week afterwards I had weird dreams about mice coming out my mouth. They say it was in there from when it was harvested. What happened to all the checks done after that happened? If something like that can go through all their processes and checks it worries me. It has completely changed the way I shop now and I can't buy any prepared food any more. I'm having to make it all myself. It was so traumatizing."

  • -
  • Vote
  • -

From the YouTube description:

A Chinese diner was shocked to find a cockroach in his salad but was even more blown away when the waitress he complained to said it was "very normal" and devoured the bug to prove it was safe.

Businessman Zhang Yen made the stomach-turning discovery at the Jinsha Era Plaza hotel restaurant in the western Chinese city of Chengdu, Metro reports.

When the diner told his 39-year-old waitress about the extremely fresh but unwanted side dish she reportedly failed to see what the big deal was.

The waitress reportedly told him that bugs turned up in salads all the time.

"No matter which restaurant you go to, you will always find cockroaches in the food," she is quoted as saying.

"It is very normal."

The stand-off came to a surreal conclusion when the no-nonsense food server then picked up the insect and popped it in her mouth to prove eating bugs won't kill you.

Mr Zhang then paid his bill and left the eatery in disbelief.