Here's all the news you may have missed:
1. Grab that Remote, It's Fall TV Time, beotches!Time to lace up your Taylor Swift-issue Keds, grab your retro backpack, and queue up your DVR so you don't miss these awesome new Science Fiction and Fantasy Shows on TV This Fall!
2. Hunger Games IRL at the Olympics
During the men's marathon on Sunday, Ethiopian long-distance runner Feyisa Lilesa pulled a Hunger Games moment and showed his support for the Oromo Protests in his home country by making a specific motion with his arms:
Showing the sign is highly political though, so when he spoke a press conference after the marathon he said what he risked with the gesture, "If I go back to Ethiopia maybe they will kill me," he said, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
"If I am not killed maybe they will put me in prison. [If ] they [do] not put me in prison they will block me at airport. I have got a decision. Maybe I move to another country."
Like the Hunger Games, let's hope the people can rise above this oppression.
2. Donald Trump Breaks the Lie Barrier
Fact Check says Trump's First Ad Averages 1 Lie Every 4 Seconds. I can hear Hillary's slow golf-clap from here. Let's hope his next ad doesn't disappoint us either.
3. But Did You See the U.S. Women's Gymnastics Team on the Beach in Rio?
I'm just saying, I didn't know it was possible to get an 8-pack:
Great job getting all those Olympic metals, ladies.
4. It's Thor Time!
Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth have started filming Thor: Ragnarok in Brisbane, Australia:
Checking pulses.... yep, we're still in love! Looking forward to this next step in the series!
5. All of NASA's Research is Now Online for Free
Yep, you can now follow along on super-scientificcy NASA research stuff from the comfort of your home sweatpants:
Now it's time to dig into their data and see if I can create that settlement on Mars next door to Mark Watney.